Wednesday 10 June 2009

Hanover blues! ich liebe dich !


Hanover blues!


By


Kayode Ogundamisi


Hanover ! How I so look forward to seeing you again! Pride of Niedersachsen and the blossom dew of River Leine.

You it was who gave me water when thirsty; you gave me the opportunity for rebirth. Your warmth from Schwarzer Bär to the dry tips of the Messe replaced my hate with love. No city can take your place. How I long to see you again, all others see your angst but to me you gave your sweetness, feeling my thoughts only with the beauty of life.


Even when my country of birth ounce hunt me like a demon, your reassurance thought me to love my Homeland more. Love Africa like never before, caressing Africa with my slim fragile finger’s from the topmost desert land of Morocco, Algeria, Libya, and Egypt, running my slim tender fingers across the African exotic jungle of Cameroon, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda and reaching climax in the breathtaking African toe of Namibia, Botswana and South Africa.


Providing me with the soul of mercy, teaching me to love adversary and hope over browbeaten. As I leave the rustiness of little Britain to call on you again for wisdom and the way forward I say to you Hanover that part of you in me will never die. As I may never say to another soul, or to any other city but you, Hanover let me say it Loud to you. ich liebe dich !

1 comment:

  1. beautiful piece Sankay...longest time uhhh...get in touch pls!!!! Rukky

    ReplyDelete